Body Art, as defined in NEHA’s Body Art Model Code, means body piercing, tattooing, branding, scarification, or cosmetic tattooing. Environmental health professionals inspect and regulate body art establishments.
We partner with the AFDO Body Art Committee and the Body Art Education Alliance to support environmental health practitioners and the body art industry with the following initiatives:
- Body Art Model Code and Annex
- Body Art Facility Inspector Training
- Body Art Inspection Job Aids
- Body Art Policy Statements
- Areas of research related to body art as identified
Newsletter Sign Up
Sign up for our Body Art Newsletter to receive quarterly updates about our body art initiative, new resources, and events.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding our body art initiatives.