- One undergraduate applicant will be awarded the $2,650 - Dr. Sheila Davidson Pressley scholarship.
- One undergraduate applicant will be awarded the $2,650 - Dr. Carolyn Hester Harvey scholarship.
- One graduate scholarship will be awarded for $3,750.
- Complete the online application form
- Provide an unofficial academic transcript from the school in which the applicant is currently enrolled
- Submit one faculty letter of recommendation from the school in which the applicant is currently enrolled
Incomplete applications will not be considered. We recommend having all components ready before beginning the online application because applications cannot be saved or returned to. Preview the application questions.
Please do not mail any items associated with your application directly to us. If you have any questions, reach out to us by emailing email@example.com.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university, with a dedicated and recognized curriculum in environmental health sciences
- Have at least one semester of coursework remaining
The undergraduate scholarship is to be used toward the tuition and fees associated with either the junior or senior year of college studies. The graduate scholarship is to be used toward tuition and fees associated with graduate studies.
Applications closed April 15. Students will be notified of their application status by June 1, 2023.
Along with the American Academy of Sanitarians (AAS), we have established education in environmental health as one of our principal goals. We believe that structured education at the undergraduate and graduate levels is important to an individual's successful professional development in the field.
As a result, our Board of Directors established a scholarship fund in 1984 that began with a gift of $1,000.00 from former NEHA President Dr. A. Harry Bliss, and personal donations from NEHA Board Members. Because of their strong belief in scholarship programs, AAS also made a financial donation to the program, allowing us to increase the number of undergraduate scholarships awarded.
In 1996, NEHA and AAS decided to jointly fund undergraduate and graduate scholarships and call them the NEHA/AAS Scholarships. In 2020, the boards of both organizations voted to name one of the undergraduate scholarships to honor Sheila Davidson Pressley, DrPH, CPH, DAAS, REHS, HHS. In 2021 the second undergraduate scholarship was named in honor of Dr. Carolyn Hester Harvey, PhD, MS, RS, CIH, CHMM. These esteemed members served as champions for students and environmental health academics throughout their impressive careers.
Funding for the scholarships is continually obtained from donations, proceeds from association fundraisers, and NEHA/AAS budget commitments.