Food Safety Instructors & Exam Proctors
Our Food Safety Training program maintains a network of hundreds of registered food safety instructors throughout the world who provide training in health departments, schools, colleges, universities, military installations, restaurants, hotels, as independent consultants, and in other sectors related to food safety.
Instructor & Proctor Directory
To register as a NEHA Food Safety Instructor, submit an application to demonstrate skills in three core areas in the food industry:
- food safety knowledge
- training or teaching skills, and
All NEHA registered instructors must pass ANSI-CFP food manager exams and keep certificates up to date.
Registration is free, with a one-time administrative fee of $50.00 due upon the approval of your application.
NEHA Food Safety Instructors/Trainers will also get access to:
- Certificate of Trainer Registration
- Trainer guidance and
- Listed in our Food Safety Instructor Directory
- Online Adult education and resources
- Trainer Resources for Food Manager
- Professional Food Manager PowerPoint Presentation
- English and Spanish
- Trainer Resources for Food Handler
- Professional Food Handler PowerPoint Presentation
- English and Spanish
- An opportunity to earn continuing education hours for NEHA credentials
- Discounts up to 15% on our Food Safety materials including:
- Professional Food Manager, Sixth Edition
- Professional Food Handler, Fourth Edition
- Discount and benefits as a Proctor under NEHA with NRFSP.
- For exams cost
- Having used exams be invoiced
- Receiving the exams for 90 days
Food safety instructors who are registered with us can administer these exams accredited by the Conference for Food Protection-American National Standards Institute (CFP-ANSI):
- ServSafe Certification Exam, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- Certified Food Safety Manager Exam, National Registry of Food Safety Professionals
- To become a proctor with NRFSP you will need to complete their online Test and Administrator/Proctor Training Course and then the Proctor Application. To ensure you receive the NEHA Trainer benefits and discounts, be sure to type "NEHA" along with your company name in the "Company Name" field of the application. This information tells NRFSP that you are a trainer with NEHA. If you need help with the Proctor Application, email email@example.com or call (800) 446-0257.
- After you have completed the NEHA Trainer application and Proctor process with NRFSP they will provide you with a Proctor number. You'll be ready to start ordering materials, teaching, and ordering the Food Safety Manager Certification exams.